Monday, June 23, 2014

My first 3D-printed clock

For the past few months I've been working on a 3d-printed clock.  I want to challenge myself to make something functional and even reasonably accurate, within the constraints of 3d printing.  Here's the first working prototype.


 This video is actually a few weeks old - stay tuned for the second prototype, and some experiments.

The first version had a few issues.  The pallets came very close to one of the gears, and would rub unless I ran the gear slightly out of its bearing.  The ball chain pulley wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped, and it needed a very large tensioning weight to avoid slippage.  And there was no way to wind the clock without running it backwards or slipping the chain by hand.  The next version fixes all those problems.

2 comments:

  1. nice clock.
    i want to make one to.
    where can i find the stl files ?

    greatings Hans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The principal standard of clock gathering is don't purchase the clock on the off chance that you don't care for it. Be that as it may, Kelly, you state, I want to cause a decent benefit in the event that I to exchange this clock.set alarm for 1 hour

    ReplyDelete