Saturday, February 25, 2012

Welcome.

Here are two unusual things I do in my spare time: work on random engineering projects, and learn about random things.  This blog is a place to talk about those projects, in case others find them interesting or useful, and a place to vent any random thoughts about science, technology, or philosophy.

The blog's name asks a question: what technology can one twenty-something guy make, using only a bunch of random knowledge from Wikipedia and elsewhere on the net, a background in computer science and game programming, and too much free time?

3 comments:

  1. What kind of engineering projects? I'm not all that clear on what an engineer does in the first place, though so it may be a little complicated for you to explain. I imagine it's something like what your most recent blog is about, but it'd nice to have something more concrete.

    I look forward to seeing what you can do with Wikipedia knowledge! There's a lot of information out there, so it will be interesting to see what ideas you come up with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, engineers do everything, so it's hard to narrow down. Just look at any functional object: somebody spent some time designing it.

    As for the blog, there's a few topics already lined up: the propeller stuff, and lots more about my quadcopter project. I also have a self-aiming Nerf gun, an OBD-II (car diagnostics data tracking) Android app, and a few other projects that I'll get around to covering in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really looking forward to another update sometime, maybe about your awesome coasters or something! :-)

      Delete